Established in 1979 O’Connor Fencing Ltd has grown to be one of the specialist market leaders in the supply and installation of security fencing.
A family run business, the company was founded by Stephen O’Connor who was joined later by sons Gary and Alan.
We operate from Whitehaven in west Cumbria where the offices and workshops are housed under one roof in a purpose built facility of over 45,000 sq ft. We travel the length and breadth of the United Kingdom providing a service that is second to none. We pride ourselves in providing cost effective security solutions delivered in a timely manner.
The workforce is made up of highly trained and experienced fence installers and qualified welders.
Our Fencing work scope includes:
- SEAP High class security fencing, gates, window and door grills
- Approved Electrical Power Fence installers, including the manufacture of fencing to interface with Power Fence Systems
- Manufacture and erection of bespoke materials
- Manufacture and erection of rails, bowtop and vertical bar
- Supply and erection of electrically operated gates, barriers and turnstiles
- Supply and erection of pedestrian guard rails and Armco barriers
- Building and civil works in connection with security fencing work consisting of (but not limited to) site preparation, ducting, draw pits, lighting and camera bases, cabinet bases, footpath and road crossings and minor service diversions etc
- Pro Net Approved Installer
Our installation works include Nuclear Sites, Service Reservoirs. Gas Plants, Schools, Harbours and Ports, Military Establishments, Power Generation Sites, Electrical Substations and various other Industrial and Local Authority Sites.
Our client list includes various local authorities, major construction, utility and blue chip companies.
Our priority is always to provide a quality service, within timescales and budget but most of all safely.
Our teams are highly trained in Health and Safety and they all carry CSCS, CPCS and NPOR cards.
As one of our priorities is safety we are proud to have been awarded RoSPA, ocupational health and safety awards every year since 2007.
Whether working as a Principal Contractor, Main Contractor or as a sub contractor we are able to provide the complete perimeter package from consultancy to specialist design facilities whatever the application.
We are members of the Fencing Contractors Association, Achilles, CHAS, Constructionline and RoSPA.